Thursday, May 8, 2014

Aaaaaaacountability

I've been thinking a lot today about how to hold myself accountable when I'm on my own.

I've almost decided to start questioning if P and I should be together right now (or if I should be with anyone during this stage of my recovery). If I'm going to make the choice to be single and lose the extra support of having a partner to spend nights and free time with, I have to make sure I'm fully dedicated to myself. Relying only on myself might actually make things more exciting, independent, and... easier? I love P, but it's not fair to ask for his support through this. I'm also realizing my needs are changing with my changes in recovery/sobriety and what may have seemed great may not be exactly what I want now.

Anyway, I'm going to start posting about my plans for each day. That way, I will be accountable to readers to follow through with plans through pictures, blog posts, etc. Today, I'm going to work until 5:00 pm (and no later!), go for my 45 minute run, then head home to let Lula out. Here's where the fun part comes in...

The neighborhood farmer's market is open this evening until 8:00 pm! I'm planning on walking Lula over to the market and picking out the ingredients to make dinner! I love cooking and I love looking for healthy dinner recipes, so this plan has put me in a great and excited mood.

I'm currently deciding between two things for dinner: a cucumber sandwich or something slightly different, mushroom and spinach stuffed eggplant.

 

  Aubergines filled with spinach & mushrooms

I'm super excited to check out the farmer's market and make a decision on the spot based on what I'm hungry for and what ingredients are available. I'm also planning on purchasing a special treat for dessert. We'll see what my options are later!

No comments:

Post a Comment