Sunday, May 4, 2014

Farmer's market, y'all

I decided to take a huge step in switching up breakfast this morning. After my run, I was starving and had some time before meeting with my sponsor, which is next on the agenda!

I paid a little visit to the Grant Park Farmer's Market for the first time this season. It's a great market with a lot of fun and fancy foods. I'll admit, it's not the best place to get basic produce and simple food for cheap, but if you're looking for some brunch grub or kitschy veggies and local foods (think arugala, radishes, yogurt, pecans), then it's the place for you.

As my first trip to the market without the usual Sunday morning hangover, I was excited. I swiped my debit card in exchange for two $5 chips and wandered. They also accept SNAP and WIC benefits (and double them!!!), which the dietitian in me absolutely loves.

Anyway, I bought a small bag of pecans for one $5 chip to be put in my oatmeal, and a peach iced tea and orange pistachio donut! Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment