Sunday, May 11, 2014

Shaky knees music festival

Today I had more fun at a music festival than I've ever had with company I barely know. My sponsor, her sponsor and her man interest, and another chica were a sober dream team. They made me feel so comfortable, even when everyone was wasted at the end and a drunk man spilled beer all over my face. My first instinct wasn't even to lick that beer off my lip! I suppose that's the power of being around other sober people!

Sobriety aside, I didn't do the best job with eating and exercise today. I did my 6 miles this morning then walked 3 miles round trip to Kroger. I also walked 1.2 miles each way from my car to the festival. I had a protein bar and a hearty batch of oatmeal before the festival, but nothing substantial there. I did eat a pack of peanuts at least, but I've literally been on my feet the entire day. I plan on cooking up something good when I get back to P's place!

In other news, Alabama Shakes' song, Hold On, was unanimously voted best recovery song.

No comments:

Post a Comment