Friday, May 9, 2014

Life continues

I can't reiterate the importance of realizing life goes on, no matter what you are going through. Do not expect others to treat you any differently because you are having a bad day, you are struggling with symptoms, you broke up with your boyfriend, or you've just overcome a significant challenge.

Good and bad things happen to people every single day, and it's the way you learn to react to situations that truly matters. I find when I'm engaging in symptoms - purging, isolating, restricting, over-exercising, etc - I do not handle stressful situations well. For example....

I have a single argument with P,
but catastrophize the situation until the argument results in a break-up,
blaming my eating disorder, lack of self-esteem, and self for everything,
particularly the fact that I give up on myself and people if they let me down just once,
leaving me ... uphappy and alone ...

Today, I want everyone to know that my eating disorder and other issues are ruining my relationship, but I'm 90 days sober. I want sympathy and recognition, and recognition and applause. I need validation for every emotion, an explanation and reason for everything. I need to be perfect. What I really need to do is let it go already.


No comments:

Post a Comment