Thursday, April 24, 2014

Eating like a normal person, y'all

Day 1 of the conference.

It's only 9:13 am and I've already started my day strong. I ran 6 miles this morning, practically before the sun came up, then showered and fixed myself up fancy. (On a normal day, I shower in literally 3-4 minutes, stick my hair up, and run out the door, so a good blow-dry is a rare, rare occurrence).

So it's 7:45 am and I'm ready for the conference early. Breakfast is served until 8, and I am initially ambivalent about going to a free buffet style breakfast, but I feel good about my day already, so I go for it. I am so glad I did because I managed to grab a delicious breakfast without any calculation, planning, or guilt. I was craving yogurt and granola, even though my usual safe breakfast of oatmeal was available. It ended up being the best choice ever - vanilla yogurt (who knows and who cares if it was low-fat), granola, raisins, and sweetly fantastic dried pineapple heaven. I also grabbed a coffee and now I'm sipping on a homemade chai "latte" with 2% milk, two bags of Mighty Leaf Chai, and sweetener. Its delicious and I'm presently, appropriately full and able to pay 100% attention to the conference speakers. Well, except for the fact I'm blogging instead of listening, huh?

Just kidding, I'm a hell of a multitasker, so I am blogging and listening from my seat with a bag full of stolen snacks by my side - granny smith apples, tea bags, granola bars, and trail mix, that I have no intention of doing anything but enjoying if I get hungry. I'm looking forward to posting on lunch and dinner later!

No comments:

Post a Comment