Sunday, April 27, 2014

Sunday

It's a beautiful day today and I'm glad to be back home in Atlanta. I am going to have a difficult week ahead of me as I'll be staying alone at P's apartment to dog sit Lula while he's out of town.

I figure if I'm going to succeed, I have to make plans and if/then statements now. I am almost always okay at work. I go in at 8 am and leave at the end of the day, usually 4:30 or 5. On most days, I run immediately after work, occupy myself by taking a walk to get a snack or doing some more work at the office, then go to an AA meeting, support group, or out with my friends after that. My day is going to change pretty drastically since I'll have to come home and let Lula out of her crate.

So here's what I'm thinking (I know this isn't interesting to readers, but it helps me tremendously to outline this for myself!). I'll get to work early as usual, and run after work right at 4:30 for 30 minutes, since that's all I'm supposed to do anyway. I'll head right over to P's apartment after that and walk Lula for a little while, stopping at my favorite coffee shop in P's neighborhood for my post-run snack. After that, I'll still go to my support group or AA meeting, then eat dinner after and that should work out fine. If I sense any trouble, or room for screw ups on Monday, I'll dig a little deeper and figure out what I can do to avoid these situations during the rest of the week.

I really want to be able to trust myself alone soon. I hate that I'm still very reliant on my routines and others, particularly P, to "monitor" me, even though he doesn't even know he's doing it. Just by hanging out with him every evening while I eat dinner and an evening snack helps tremendously and I truly hope I can rely on self-accountability in the immediate future.

In the mean time, I want to enjoy my beautiful Sunday and get some beautiful sun and outside activities in today, particularly the farmer's market (which I love and have money for today!!) and a neighborhood festival that I'm particularly fond of. To Sundays!

No comments:

Post a Comment