Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Restructuring my days/daze

I've been trying to come up with ways to get myself back on track and out of this recovery slump I find myself wallowing in.

It's very important to me that I'm not as dependent on P being physically present to do well. On my own at the conference and this week while he's been out of town have been especially rocky. I'm so lucky to have an awesome treatment team (my therapist, dietitian, psychiatrist, and primary care doc) to help when times get rough though. 

I've decided the current structure of my days lends itself to several slip-up potentials. I've been getting to work early and exercising (too much) after work, going to AA or a support group, and eating dinner super late when I'm starving. Instead, I'm going to do my 4-6 miles in the morning before work, eat more for breakfast and lunch, go to an earlier meeting after work, and eat dinner much earlier. This will really prevent overworking since I've been doing 8-5s most days, overexercising like I'm prone to when I'm only accountable to myself after work, and late dinners and snacks which set me up to purge. It will also fuel my appetite earlier in the day and reduce general anxiety I feel before I get to exercise, though hopefully that anxiety fades completely over time. Finally, it will give me a reason to resist purging at night since waking up with a purging hangover and running is just as bad as an alcohol-induced hangover.

I can't wait to start this routine tomorrow to test it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment