Sunday, April 27, 2014

Outside breakfast!

I'm on my own for breakfast and I love what I've put together. I love breakfast foods more than anything and I've missed my oatmeal creations while out of town at the conference.

This morning/afternoon, breakfast morphed into brunch, a usual happening on the weekend for me. I enjoy sleeping in and with the sore throat I'm battling, today's sleep in was extra awesome.

For breakfast, I have a big mug of Tazo Iced Blushberry Black tea, a black tea with deep crimson notes of black raspberry, huckleberry, and strawberry (description right off the box - I'd say it's pretty accurate), perfect as I lounge in the sun. I was also craving a good coffee after relying on conference coffee for days. I make french pressed coffee using Community Coffee Breakfast Blend grounds, and it's so delicious without any sweetener. A goal of mine is to cut back on artificial sweeteners and eliminate them completely some day, so I've become really fond of black coffee with just milk, exactly what I whipped up.

My main breakfast entree is a big bowl of good ol oatmeal, filled with everything I was craving this morning. I used 2 packets of lower sugar instant oatmeal - 1 apple cinnamon, 1 maple and brown sugar - and dashes of cinnamon and nutmeg, cooked in soy milk. Once cooked, I added a little bit of butter, a whole sliced banana, a mini packet of raisins, and pecan pieces. It's delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment