Sunday, June 1, 2014

Happy

Sometimes, you don't realize anything is wrong until you take a step away and acknowledge the possibility.

I will admit, it is the weekend and I've kept myself particularly busy, but I am happier than I've been in quite a while. With P, I was always sacrificing something, compromising more than I intended, and working my already overworked self to death to keep things in line. Expending enough effort for the both of us wore me the hell out and I lost myself and my sense of independence completely. Now, I'm forced to keep myself accountable and make my decisions for myself and only myself. Now, I understand just how much I'd abandoned myself.

I am looking forward to my new freedom, and taking care of myself with the same intensity I put into my relationship. One must put themselves first or else nothing else matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment